Mt Cook Spring Fling - 31 October 2010


Leap into Spring!

Come celebrate Spring, the development of Papawai Gardens, and meet people in your neighbourhood.

Sunday, 31 October 2010, 11am to 2pm, Papawai Gardens


What's on?


How do I get there?

Go to the end of Salisbury Terrace, turn right and walk down the gravel path, or

Go to the end of Papawai St, turn left and follow the path alongside the stream.


What if it's wet?

If it's too wet the Spring Fling will be postponed to 11am, Sunday 7 November.

Listen to 2ZB 1080AM. An update will also be posted in this page.


Thanks to Caffe L'Affare and Wellington City Council for their support.



Residents' Meetings - Minutes


3 February 2007 (Sunday)

Venue: 40 Wallace St., Mt Cook

Time: 4pm


Some of the topics discussed and actions planned


BGI site and Foodstuffs

10-12 metres of the BGI building are to be retained along with Rugby St villas, 53and 55.


Acknowledged people who supported the presentation of Jackie Hayden's petition to WCC Council meeting on 19 December.  Also discussed writing letters to the Mayor and media to further support the petition principles.  Other strategies included clarifying the how many car parks and apartments are proposed and the status of the petrol station idea.


Bidwill Street

Note traffic increases


Ngauranga to Airport Study

Feedback due 22 Feb 08 - can be completed online. NB. Public WCC-run feedback/consultation meeting on Thursday 28 Feb. , between 6.30-8.00pm at the RA Vance Stand, Basin Reserve.


Candidates for Heritage Listing

Begin compiling and prioritising buildings and trees in Mt Cook to propose for heritage listing - Iona to follow up.  Page on wiki to be created for this, go to to Proposed Heritage Listings




Design guide and building examples

Begin compiling a file of buildings (good, bad, ugly - really bad) to inform a design guide.  Send examples and criteria to These will appear on the wiki page: Design Guide - building examples (+,-)


Community BBQ

Update - being held at Ranfurly Tce on Sunday 24 Februar from 5pm on


Community Spaces and playgrounds

Council is conducting a community facilities survey.  Iona has requested a Mt Cook community space in the annual plan.  [would be good to compile an index of Mt Cook facilities].  Suggestions for a play area site in Mt Cook to John Morrison


Newtown Festival

Date: Sunday, 2 March.  Stall has been booked for T-shirt orders and for selling cakes and garden cuttings.  Email with offers of items for the stall


Mt Cook Newsletter

Clear support for a hardcopy newsletter like the Aro Valley example (4 pages).  Everyone to approach potential advertisers and Carol Comber will contact Brent from Valley Voice.




Mt Cook Meeting 3 Feb 08.doc


9 December 2007 (Sunday)

Venue: 13 Rolleston St. Mt Cook

Time: 4pm


Meeting focus and topics

This meeting was convened to put some questions to the WCC in relation to the Adelaide Rd visioning exercise being run by the Council that has implications for Mt Cook as a whole.  The questions outlined in this document:

Mt Cook Mobilised - Questions for Adelaide Rd Meeting with WCC.doc


The questions covered topics such as:





25 November 2005 (Sunday)

Venue: 40 Wallace St. Mt Cook

Time: 4pm




Mt Cook Meeting 25 Nov.doc


28 October 2007 (Sunday)

Venue: 40 Wallace St. Mt Cook

Time: 4pm


Some of the topics discussed


WELLINGTON HIGH SCHOOL Hui 3 November – Seeking local stories for a major production in 2008

Contact Belinda by email on





Mt Cook Meeting 28 Oct.doc


30 September 2007 (Sunday)

Venue: 40 Wallace St. Mt Cook



Some of the ideas discussed and actions planned




Learning more about developments in Mt Cook


Getting in touch with other local groups


Following up on existing developments




Sept 30, 07 - Mt Cook mtg.doc


16 September 2007 (Sunday)

Venue: 40 Wallace St. Mt Cook






Immediate Priorities for Action


Secondary priority






Sept 16, 07 - Mt Cook mtg.doc


Also relevant are the notes from representatives from the Mt Cook group who attended the Newtown Residents Association meeting on 17 September to discuss what kind of structure the Mt Cook group should have.


Discussion w NRA 17 Sept 07.doc