| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Get control of your email attachments. Connect all your Gmail accounts and in less than 2 minutes, Dokkio will automatically organize your file attachments. You can also connect Dokkio to Drive, Dropbox, and Slack. Sign up for free.

View
 

Regular residents' meetings

This version was saved 12 years, 4 months ago View current version     Page history
Saved by PBworks
on February 24, 2008 at 8:35:36 am
 


NEXT MEETING - TBA

 

3 February 2007

Venue: 40 Wallace St., Mt Cook

Time: 4pm

 

Some of the topics discussed and actions planned

 

 

BGI site and Foodstuffs

10-12 metres of the BGI building are to be retained along with Rugby St villas, 53and 55.

 

Acknowledged people who supported the presentation of Jackie Hayden's petition to WCC Council meeting on 19 December.  Also discussed writing letters to the Mayor and media to further support the petition principles.  Other strategies included clarifying the how many car parks and apartments are proposed and the status of the petrol station idea.

 

Bidwill Street

Note traffic increases

 

Ngauranga to Airport Study

Feedback due 22 Feb 08 - can be completed online. NB. Public WCC-run feedback/consultation meeting on Thursday 28 Feb. , between 6.30-8.00pm at the RA Vance Stand, Basin Reserve.

 

Candidates for Heritage Listing

Begin compiling and prioritising buildings and trees in Mt Cook to propose for heritage listing - Iona to follow up.  Page on wiki to be created for this, go to to Proposed Heritage Listings

 

Design guide and building examples

Begin compiling a file of buildings (good, bad, ugly - really bad) to inform a design guide.  Send examples and criteria to mtcookmobilised@gmail.com These will appear on the wiki page: Design Guide - building examples (+,-)

 

Community BBQ

Update - being held at Ranfurly Tce on Sunday 24 Februar from 5pm on

 

Community Spaces and playgrounds

Council is conducting a community facilities survey.  Iona has requested a Mt Cook community space in the annual plan.  [would be good to compile an index of Mt Cook facilities].  Suggestions for a play area site in Mt Cook to John Morrison

 

 

Newtown Festival

Date: Sunday, 2 March.  Stall has been booked for T-shirt orders and for selling cakes and garden cuttings.  Email with offers of items for the stall

Mt Cook Newsletter

Clear support for a hardcopy newsletter like the Aro Valley example (4 pages).  Everyone to approach potential advertisers and Carol Comber will contact Brent from Valley Voice.

 

Minutes

Mt Cook Meeting 3 Feb 08.doc


 

 

9 December 2007 (Sunday)

Venue: 13 Rolleston St. Mt Cook

Time: 4pm

 

Meeting focus and topics

This meeting was convened to put some questions to the WCC in relation to the Adelaide Rd visioning exercise being run by the Council that has implications for Mt Cook as a whole.  The questions outlined in this document:

Mt Cook Mobilised - Questions for Adelaide Rd Meeting with WCC.doc

 

The questions covered topics such as:

  • zoning criteria
  • projected / planned for population increases
  • retaining heritage character
  • managing traffic
  • retaining / planning for facilities and ammenities
  • enhancing the natural environment / plantings
  • reducing traffic / promoting alternative and public transport

 

Minutes

 


 

25 November 2005 (Sunday)

Venue: 40 Wallace St. Mt Cook

Time: 4pm

 

Minutes

 

Mt Cook Meeting 25 Nov.doc


 

28 October 2007 (Sunday)

Venue: 40 Wallace St. Mt Cook

Time: 4pm

 

Some of the topics discussed

 

WELLINGTON HIGH SCHOOL Hui 3 November – Seeking local stories for a major production in 2008

  • Together with Mt Cook School, Massey, Te Whaea (Dance School), Toi Whakaari (Drama School), Wellington High School is planning a multi-media performance to tell the story of Mt Cook, our place, our history.  
  • Belinda Carey from Wellington High School is keen to hear from anyone with stories and knowledge of local Mt Cook history.  
  • This Saturday 3 November 9.30-3-00, there is a hui at Wellington High School marae.  All interested people are invited to attend for all or part of the day, particularly if you have skills, talent, or are keen to support this exciting venture.

Contact Belinda by email on belinda.carey@whs.school.nz

MT COOK DESIGN GUIDE CONCEPT

  • Most of our meeting was spent talking about creating a design strategy for Mt Cook, based on the fantastic feedback from the public meeting held in August.   More on this later as it starts to take shape!

 

Minutes

 

Mt Cook Meeting 28 Oct.doc


 

30 September 2007 (Sunday)

Venue: 40 Wallace St. Mt Cook

Time:4pm

 

Some of the ideas discussed and actions planned

 

Traffic

  • We will be seeking more information about the Council's Adelaide Rd project.
  • To get more traction on the red light runners on the corner of Buckle and Tory we could consider mounting an "intersection-watch".   Email us back if you are interested to help!

 

Learning more about developments in Mt Cook

  • Our aim is to find out about what is being planned in Mt Cook in the early stages of development (effects on traffic flows, retention of the character of Mt Cook, minimise negative impacts etc.).
  • We are signing up for WCC web alerts (providing info about all WCC happenings)

 

Getting in touch with other local groups

 

Following up on existing developments

  • BGI site, Tasman Street - we are requesting a meeting with Foodstuffs and also asking that WCC notify the Mt Cook group of details of the Foodstuffs application

 

Minutes

 

Sept 30, 07 - Mt Cook mtg.doc


 

16 September 2007 (Sunday)

Venue: 40 Wallace St. Mt Cook

Time:4pm

 

Outcomes

 

Administration

  • New Spokesperson – Peter Cooke

     

  • Editorial group established (websites, newsletter)

    - Jacky Hadyn, Geoff Stone, Annie Fleetwood and Ruth

    Jeffery

  • Maintaining Mt Cook contact list / T-shirt orders - Carol Comber
  • Connect with Newtown Residents Association and seek guidance on structure for Mt Cook group - Annie Fleetwood, David and Karen Smyth (see notes from meeting with NRA)

     

 

 

Immediate Priorities for Action

  • Encourage Mt Cook people to meetings with Council and Mayoral candidates - post meeting details
  • Organise an exploratory meeting with Ersnt Zolner/WCC regarding piecemeal development - establishing a Mt Cook manifesto
  • Contact Foodstuffs (responding to their letter) and WCC with a view to organising a meeting with residents - Peter Cooke and Annie Fleetwood

 

Secondary priority

  • Researching status of TSW/pool and YMCA/stadium considered an immediate priority - Annie Fleetwood and Jacky Haydn

 

 

 

Minutes

 

Sept 16, 07 - Mt Cook mtg.doc

 

Also relevant are the notes from representatives from the Mt Cook group who attended the Newtown Residents Association meeting on 17 September to discuss what kind of structure the Mt Cook group should have.

Discussion w NRA 17 Sept 07.doc

 


 

 

 

 

 

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.